22 august 2005

soon the end of this journey

it's monday at 21:17 - finally got used to the 24 hour clock! friday is my travel back to ny/nj. really going to miss this place. looking forward to coming back over thanksgiving. moving here for good in february of 2006 assuming all of my papers r in order. while I'LL MISS MY FRIENDS that r so dear to me - new life awaits me here. thank goodness for technology!!!! probably wouldn't take the plunge without modern technology. heee haw for the internet and e-mail. so i'll be a click away. new adventures. getting back to where my grandparents came from...well close anyway - they came from various countries in europe. so it's like coming home for me. even as a stranger in a foreign land.

on the material level i'll miss having most anything that i want at my immediate disposal - yeah for ny and all things accessible and the food - haven't found a sushi or korean restaurant anywhere near :( but that's the sacrifice u make when u have nut roll and poppy seed roll in the grocery store! my grandma and mother used to make them - yummy - i can make them too but damn they're a lot of work. easy access on that front. lots of benefits lots of differences - it's all good :)