10 august 2005

nice

no more rain - at least for now. perfect weather. beautiful day here - no pictures though - no time - running to the bank, to the travel agent up and down all the stairs at my hotel - think i had 8 trips up and down today - just like my apartment - many many stairs - the rest of the day was studying, reading, drawing, listening to music, drinking cafea, grocery shopping - met a new friend the other day another sagittarius - so of course bine (that's good) who turned me on to a lot of new music - most of the music is not romanian but some romanian music - i was getting so sick and tired of my limited selection on my ipod. refreshing to have some new tunes. the time flys by here - went to parc centru - that would be central park in cluj. awesome day. met some new people today - little people. one little boy was riding his bike and stopped to hang out with me and watch me draw - can't wait until i know a little more of the limba (language) here.....only know basics - greetings, numbers, some nouns, some verbs, some adjectives, some phrases - so i can communicate with people of all ages. my other little buddy hung out with me for awhile - maybe he's 10 - he wanted a cigarette - of course i couldn't give him one - but he stayed and went swimming in the lake with the row and paddle boats - here he was in his adorable little swim trunks wanting a cig - i was trying to figure out how to tell him in more definite terms that cigarettes r bad for him and at 10 he shouldn't be smoking but i could only tell him 'nu' and 'imi pare rau' - that would be no and i'm sorry - he only asked me once again and then decided to just hang with me - he was curious about my ipod and i let him listen to some music - he loved it - got a great big smile from him - actually a bunch of smiles - he never did figure out that i didn't speak romanian - since i actually understood some of what he was saying so that was a great feeling - just couldn't converse with him :(

more pix soon.